Flexible, Fun and Family-Friendly!
This recipe by Sarah M, our very own Diva, was a huge hit at our Diva-licious Recipe Night! I love this recipe for two reasons; if you choose not to eat meat this is a whole meal and if you want more protein, add in 4-6 oz of lean chicken and reduce the sauce. Remember, it’s all a numbers game. This is also a popular recipe with busy moms who want the kids to eat more greens, but not even know they’re doing it! Zoodles or zucchini noodles couldn’t be easier to make!
• 2 large zucchini, spiralized
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• For the Sauce:
• 2 ripe avocados
• 1 cup fresh basil leaves
• 3 cloves garlic
• ¼ cup pine nuts
• 2 Tbsp lemon juice
• ½ tsp. sea salt
• ¼ cup olive oil
• Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Spiralize your zucchini and set aside on paper towels so that any excess water is soaked up.
- In a food processor, add avocados, basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice and sea salt and pulse until finely chopped. Then with the motor still running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified and creamy.
- Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat then add zucchini noodles, cooking for about 1 to 2 minutes until tender.
- Add zucchini noodles to a large bowl and toss with avocado pesto.
- To increase protein, mix in 4-6 ounces of cooked, lean chicken per serving.
Serving Size: 1½ cups • Calories: 172 • Fat: 16.1 g • Saturated Fat: 2.1 g • Carbs: 7.5 g • Fiber: 3.6 g • Protein: 2.9 g • Sugar: 3.2 g • WW Points+: 5 • Smart Points: 6