Creating the Zoodles & Mini Meatloafs
Hello Divas! Creating this from Las Vegas! Here for fitness & some fun! I will fill you in soon. However, I wanted to follow up with a recipe I created a few days ago with the avocado oil.
I am still enjoying & discovering new ways to use avocado oil as a fat macro in my diet and want to share. As you will see, most of my blogs are food related. Which is a good thing, since most of us love to eat. Its all about finding ways to enjoy the foods you love but making them “diva worthy”. I created a spaghetti dish with “Zoodles” . Along with mini turkey meatloaf wrapped in Trader Joe Turkey bacon and a side of saute spinach. Dinner with high protein, good fat and low carb.
I will say….it does take a good 1-1.5 hours to prep and cook. So make it for a Funday Sunday meal, enjoy a glass of vino and have fun creating.
Mini Turkey Meatloafs over Zoodles & Mushrooms
- 4 zucchini, chop ends & peeled skin is best.
It helps keep the Zoodles long like spaghetti noodles. Create noodles with your Zoodle maker. (sur la tab, bed bath beyond)
- Once you create your “noodles” place them on a cookie sheet lined with paper towels. YES, paper towels. They will not burn. Oven temp 200’ only. We need to get rid of the excess water to make crisp like noodles. Sprinkle noodles with sea salt and bake for 30 min to “sweat out” the zucchini.
- After the 30 min, remove from oven and then take more paper towels and pat off the Zoodles.
- Place them in a bowl to sit while creating the loafs.
- During the 30 min when the Zoodles are sweating, its a good time to make the turkey loafs
- Zoodles being sweated out!
Mini Turkey Loafs
- 1 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 small chopped jalapeño
- 4-5 chopped portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- non nitrate turkey bacon, 4 slices cut long wise to equal 8 mini slices to wrap the loafs
- Saute all but turkey and bacon til tender and set aside to cool for 5 min.
- Use turkey, 1 egg, 1/2 cup panko crumbs. Mix well with:
- THEN add the onion cooked mix and mix ALL together.
- Create mini loafs like over sized meatballs and then wrap with bacon
- Bake on 375′ for 15-20 min or till cooked through.
- While the loafs are baking, saute Zoodles in :
1.5-2 tablespoons of avocado oil
Mixed mushrooms, red pepper flake and garlic powder for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Place a mini loaf over Zoodles, add spinach and top with Low sugar ketchup and hot sauce if desired!
- Makes 4 servings plus a meat loaf or 2 left over for lunch.
Hope this helps for something new and Diva Lish!
Email me me pics and share when you make this new dish!
Now….off to workout & explore Vegas!!!
Question? email me!!! Ciao Bellas xoxo
- Mini meatloaf over Zoodles Buon Appetito