Happy Tuesday Bella Diva
Holy Moly, less than 2 weeks until the big day!!!! Soon to be Laura Dalsanto Wu.
I may be skipping a few weeks of blogging on food, haha! Maybe I will throw a curve ball and blog about the Bella Diva’s Big Wedding day!!
Anyway, I was asked the other day, when and what made me start recreating recipes and then doing my Diva-licious recipe makeover cooking classes?
As a trainer and coach and foodie, I don’t believe in giving my clients strict diets. It only leads to insanity and failure. Which in return, causes other issues with our already confused minds. I love to cook and I love to share my ideas. So, I started “playing around” with ways to lighten up heavy dishes we love and of course try to keep this as simple as possible.
ORIGINAL DIVA-LICOUS RECIPE
I wanted to share one of the first recipes I created and presented at my first Diva-licious cooking class years ago.
My version of a Thai lettuce wraps. A fresh combo of mint, cilantro, pineapple goodness that uses Greek yogurt as sour cream. In general lettuce wraps are lower in calories but it is the sneaky sweet chili sauce that piles up the calories and sugar. One serving in most sweet chili sauces are close to 12-15g per tablespoon. Yikes!!! One that I have been using over the years is a sweet chili sauce from Trader Joes. It is ONLY 5g of sugar per serving!! WINNER!!!
Absolutely LOVE it!
The only other tip is I change up my hot sauce from time to time, because I just love trying different hot sauces!!
Please enjoy this simple diva-licious recipe!!
Thai Lettuce Wraps
Low Carb Dinner night?? These super tasty wraps are a staple in the weekly menu. Full of fresh flavor that never gets old! Most sweet chilli sauce are way too high in sugar, the one used in this recipe is diva approved!!
- 1 lbs(pack) ground Turkey 99% lean only or 94% lean beef
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup chopped onion
- one jalapeño*
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic powder & oregano
- ½ fresh squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup of Trader Joe Sweet Chilli sauce..its low sugar
- 1/2 cup of pineapple or mango salsa
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- low fat Greek Yogurt
- Hot sauce
- Heat saute pan on medium heat and spray with olive oil.
- Add chopped onion, saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add turkey, water, garlic and oregano.
- Begin to chop up turkey and cook halfway.
- Then add sauce and salsa.
- Finish cooking meat.
- Lastly add cilantro and mint.
- Simmer and keep mixing for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Take 2 large lettuce leaves.
- Spread a tablespoon of yogurt on leaf and add hot sauce if you like heat!
- Then spoon enough meat to fill the wrap. 2 large are a serving.
*Feel free to add other combos with chopped peppers or tomatoes.
Side dish ideas: Roasted zucchini & brussels sprouts OR high carb veggie of choice!
Get Recipes Delivered to Your Inbox
Enter your info below, and I'll send you my favorite recipes and let you know when new recipes are added!