Happy Almost Fall Fit Divas
I Know Pumpkin is whats HOT right now but I wanted to give you new idea for that grab and go breakfast or I prefer this Diva Delight as a mid day sweet tooth snack or even an after dinner sweet tooth satisfier.
I created these goodies for last week’s Simply Diva-licious cooking class. My theme was spiral veggies so I created an appetizer, main and dessert using veggies as my base and you would have never guessed.
I am getting more requests for those who are gluten intolerant and vegan lately. SO my goal is to have both options available. Like I always say, no 2 bodies are the same. SO do YOU and what feels best.
Below: the BEST EVER Zucchini Chocolate Muffins
Zucchini Chocolate Muffins
Vegan & Gluten Free
First of all I am pretty darn impressed that I was able to recreate this zucchini bread classic as both gluten-free and vegan AND as a lighter version.
I still giggle when I see women try to choose the gluten-free option or vegan option and they think all the calories disappear ????????
In fact most gluten-free muffins or bars or cookies usually go up in fat and calories to balance out the taste and texture.
I pulled out 1/2 the fat and replaced with applesauce and reduced the sugar. Coconut sugar by the way tastes and smells amazing. I have not tried it since making this new creation.
- main meal & dessert options
Keep it Simple
If I am creating a recipe..(which is hard for me to do since I never measure properly! haha) I try to keep it as simple as possible. The recipe below literally took me 10 minutes to prepare and 15 to bake.
You can either make 12 regular or 20-22 mini muffins.
Gluten Free & Vegan Zucchini Cocoa Muffins
Let’s take super fresh ingredients and turn them into a yummy sweet treat for a breakfast on the go or mid day snack. I lowered the fat and sugar so it’s a win win!
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk , such as almond milk or coconut
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (make sure its melted)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour (rice flour)
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp spices like cinnamon , optional
- 1 cup shredded zucchini , squeezed between paper towels to remove excess moisture (I bought zucchini already spiraled and then chopped) Time Savor
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (found diary free at Whole Foods)
- Preheat oven to 365 deg F, Spray muffin tins. Mix non dairy milk and rest of the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Fold in the zucchini. Add the dry ingredients and mix to make a thick muffin like batter. Fold in the chocolate chips (and 1/4 cup chopped nuts if using).
- Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle a tiny bit of coconut sugar on top.
- Bake at 365 for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean from the center. (baking time will depend on the moisture content of the zucchini and what pan you use.
- Add 1/4 cup shredded coconut to the dry.
- The coconut adds a darker caramelized color and amazing flavor to the bread.
- Or you can add ¼ cup walnuts
Try something new and Diva-lish this week. Even if it’s a new fruit or spice or yogurt!
Variety is the SPICE to a GOOD LIFE
Any Question? ASK