Pumped up Pumpkin Muffins
Happy October Fit Divas!
Of course I had blog about something Pumpkin this month & why not make it into a healthy, sweet snack or breakfast and add protein?! I mean after all, pumpkin is a vegetable…right?!!?!
Muffin Making Tips:
I always tell you to choose your favorite, most clean protein powder of your liking. I do suggest you stick with vanilla for this recipe. Clean meaning: avoid protein powders with artificial sugars and if your using whey, try to find a brand made from grass fed cow. There are so many selections which make our options more open. Whole Foods carry a great variety of both vegan and non vegan. So maybe start there to try a few. Then you can always find them cheaper on Amazon or other online companies.
This is a great way to have breakfast for those quick mornings or I like to have them as a mid day sweet snack along with my iced cold brew or my latest obsession, iced Matcha with unsweet almond milk.
Keep in mind, once you make these mini muffins or you can use regular size muffin tins, keep them in the fridge. Because they are so moist and contain protein powder, they love to grow a yummy fuzzy layer of mold after a few days on the counter!!!! So keep them in air tight containers or zip lock in the cooler temp to last all week!
Lastly, feel free to have 4 mini per serving or 2 regular. Full of fiber, protein, good carb and its……PUMPKIN!!!!!!!
Pumpkin Protein Mini Muffins
Sweet…full of fiber, plus protein & you can make ahead to keep them as a go-to breakfast or snack! Serving: 1 large or 3-4 mini.
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup oat flour or rice (gluten free)
- 1 large banana Ripe
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2-3 packs of stevia
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (whey, vegan, plant)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin spice blend or ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 24 mini muffin cups or 12 regular by lining them with muffins liners or spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place egg, egg white and oat flour in blender. Blend on low for about 30 seconds until combined.
- Add bananas, pumpkin, stevia, almond milk, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and blend again on high until combined; about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown and tester inserted in center comes out clean. May take longer depending on protein powder. I suggest you leave the center a little gooey!
- Cool in pan for 1-2 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
**If batter seems too thin, add a tablespoon or 2 of protein powder**
Bonus Diva-Licious Tips
Muffin Tin Magic
Another tip and easy way to teach and keep the correct portion your fit body needs is to use muffin tins other than for just….Muffins.
- Crustless Egg Quiche cups for Breakfast or snack. (recipe in former blog)
- Mini meatloaf: Use extra lean turkey or beef. Mix with an egg, panko bread crumbs, salsa, onions, peppers and spices. Place a large meatball size serving in each sprayed muffin tin. Get Creative!! Maybe use some crushed pineapple, jalapeño as a twist! 2-3 per serving. Great as lunch next day.
- Cheeseburger Sliders: ** Kids LOVE** Divide the bottoms of 12 mini potato rolls among 12 muffin cups lined with nonstick foil liners. Form 1 pound ground beef into 12 small patties and divide among the cups; season with salt and pepper. Bake at 425 degrees F until just cooked through, 10 minutes. Top with small slices of American cheese and bake until melted, about 5 minutes. Top with sliced pickles, mustard, ketchup and the roll tops. **Use sprouted bread as the FIT DIVA option along with 1 oz of goat cheese and low sugar ketchup.
- Family Friendly! Make 1/2 for you, 1/2 for the kids!
Ideas are endless! Hopefully this sparked some new fun ideas for a change of pace. As always, share your ideas, message me for any questions AND….most importantly, have fun. Living a healthy, happy, Fit Diva lifestyle is about taking the good days with the unpredictable bad days and learning to go with the flow instead of fighting it.
Need More Fit Diva Tips?
Check out FitDivaDecks.com
Here you will find a 6 week Fall Slim down with a do anywhere workout routine, how to portion your meal guide and a handful of Fall Simply Diva-licious recipes. Along with a few other Fit Diva tools!
Happy cooking and prepping! Change things up and Feel Amazing
For more visit my website at www.BellaDivaFitness.com
Follow me on Instagram & Facebook
Laura DalSanto | BellaDiva Fitness | email@example.com