Happy March Madness Fit Diva
Anyone set a new goal for this month? If not, that’s ok! Just make sure you are doing the best you can and thats all you can ask for. March is one of my favorite months! No, not because its my birthday month…ok maybe!! HaHa…I like it because it feels like a shift into the fresh, clean new season of spring. Spring cleaning isn’t just for the house. It can be for anything you want to freshen or change-up. Maybe try a new workout class or new workout outfit. Maybe you add a new kitchen tool or food and get rid of something you have been using for a LONG time. Just a thought! What do you want to Spring Clean?
Maybe its trying this super simple idea that you are about to read about! You all know by now… Food and recreating recipes are my Passion. I can kick bootys all day long and teach you how to enjoy moving your body, but understanding the food part is HARD because we get so confused or don’t think we have “time” I mean come on…. Who the heck has time? Honestly we can create anything we need if we want it bad enough and keep it SIMPLE..and that’s what this blog is all about.
The Baking/Cookie Sheet
This is a must in the Fit diva kitchen tool! Noooo, not to make cookies on..ok maybe sometimes;)…but to create dinners and leftovers on one pan! I am all about finding ways to create tasty quick meals during the busy work week. Oh and the Clean up is SUPER simple and quick. Major bonus. Here are a few ways I use this awesome kitchen must have.
I use it every week. Literally every Sunday I roast my veggies & create Sweet Potato Crisps.
Side note line your baking sheet with foil and spray with olive oil to create an easier clean up and it saves your pan for longer use.
- Every Sunday I bake. Spray the top of veggies with olive oil too and sprinkle spices. Bake 375 for 15-20 min
- I usually have 2 pans. Sometime I slice sweet potatoes too!
Create your own pizza night with french bread. This one pleases EVERYone. I must admit I thank my boyfriend for this idea;) Buy one loaf for 4-5 servings. Slice horizontal and then into 4-5 inch pieces. If you are keeping your carbs lower in the evening, dig out some of the bread and fill it more with your toppings. Pulled chicken or turkey pepperoni for protein and the your fave veggies, spices, pizza sauce or olive oil and sprinkle with skim mozzarella or goat cheese. YUM BONUS: KIDS LOVE TOO!
- I will have ONE slice and a big spinach salad with extra chicken and veggies!
This BLOG….Make your entire dinner on the baking sheet. Talk about quick, an Easy clean up and Super healthy and tasty. Be sure to line your sheet with foil so the clean up is even easier!
If you look up on pinterest or even google Healthy Sheet Pan dinners, OMG So many amazing ideas are out there! As simple as this sounds, I wanted to use this blog post to remind you how EASY it is!!!!
My Favorite Sheet pan Dinner
Again, look some ideas up for yourself, but I wanted to share my favorite combo!
FAJITAS on FLEEK
YES Please! Sometimes, I will add an additional smaller sheet and either use sliced chicken breast with the same seasoning OR shrimp! Variety and LEFTOVERS!
- 1 lb Flank Steak sliced into 1/2″ strips
- 1 large onion peeled and sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 large yellow pepper seeded and sliced
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
Toppings & Suggestion:
- Non fat greek yogurt as sour cream
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Fresh salsa
- Light shredded cheddar cheese
- Hot sauce of your choice
I like the smaller versions of tortilla wraps to keep my carb count in check for the day! We all have different macro needs, but I know the average Fit Diva is trying to watch her belly and buns!
Trader Joes and Whole foods both carry delish smaller sizes! Read your food label. Try to keep your carb count around 20- 25g per wrap
- Preheat your oven to 400 f.
- Set aside a large baking sheet and a muffin pan.
- Toss the sliced onions, sliced peppers and beef onto the baking sheet along with the cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and use tongs to mix until coated.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the top third of your oven. Meanwhile, prepare the taco boats.
- Brush the tortillas lightly with olive oil. Then turn your muffin pan upside down and press each tortilla in between two cups to form a flower shape.
- Bake the tortillas in the lower third of your oven for the final 5-6 minutes with the sheet pan.
- Serve and enjoy!
**If you use shrimp instead of steak, bake your veggies first until they start to tender, then add shrimp for 8-10 minutes**
FIT DIVA VERSION:
I will have one tortilla stuffed with meat and veggies and then a small salad with the same fillings on top to keep my carb count in check for the day and to get in extra greens!!
Like I said, there are so many ways to use this one sheet dinner wonder!
Another Classic combo: Salmon and Broccoli. This salmon has parmesan cheese and lemon on top!!! Baked in for Diva-licious Flavor
- Broccoli-Chicken Tenders-butternut squash. Topped: drizzle of Stubbs BBQ sauce and lime and sea salt
MANY MANY new ideas! So guess what? No excuses. Honestly, it burns down to new habits and STOP the excuses.
Please try something NEW!
NEXT week…Live food reports from Peru. NEW…Diva Destination BLOG WooHOOOO