Is your main source of protein good ole chicken breast?! And you’re bored already?!?? As we set these “diets” again for our new year resolutions be sure you don’t get stuck in a rut. It will only cause you to fail. Remember… forever lifestyle… not a DIET!
Being a Maryland Native I’m picky about my Crab Cakes ????. Please enjoy this flavorful, healthy, satisfying recipe I created to fit into the forever healthy lifestyle diva way. Crab meat is naturally high in sodium. So be sure drink drink extra water and do not add any extra salt!!
Diva-licious Crab Cakes
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup light mayo (I used Whole Foods)
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tsp low sodium Worcestershire
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
here’s the secret
- 8-10 crushed saltine crackers. NO bread filler!!!!
- Pick through crab meat for shells
- Whisk: egg, mayo, mustard, Worcestershire, lemon and old bay
- Pour over crab meat. Coat the meat but don’t over mix
- Then stir in parsley and crackers
- Lightly form medium size cakes. Should make 8-9
- Spray olive oil onto a baking sheet
- Turn broil on low and cook until golden brown! 10-12 minutes
- Chopped up cucumber, tomato, avocado, corn salad.
- Sprinkle with basil ???? and garlic and lightly drizzle balsamic vinegar.
- Mix well.
- Serve over raw spinach!