BELLA DIVA-LICIOUS CAULIFLOWER TIP
Over the years, I have enjoyed using Cauliflower rice as a substitute for so many high calorie, higher fat dishes. The first dish I ever made when cauli rice was becoming all the rage was Cauliflower “fried rice”. Today you can even buy it as a complete meal without needing to gather all the individual ingredients, which is a huge help during the busy weekday hustle.
No matter how you want to make your fried rice, there is a little secret at the end to crisp up the cauli rice. The biggest complaint I get, is…. the dish comes out mushy!!!! No one likes mushy rice!
So no matter how you make your cauliflower fried rice for a lower carb meal, here is the hot divalicious tip!
When your dish is complete, turn up the fire on your pan to high and add a little extra oil of choice. Let your mixture sit, then flip and chop and do this for 3-5 minutes. Take off heat and serve with a lean protein or veggie of choice or both!
Cauliflower “Fried Rice”
~Tastes just like fried rice! You can find bags of cauliflower already chopped up like rice at Trader Joes or most grocery stores in the produce area.
- 2 cups of cauliflower rice
- 1 cup of chopped onion, peas, carrots, celery (sometimes you can find already chopped together)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 whole egg, 1 egg white
- 2-3 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons of sesame oil
- Use a large saute pan on medium heat.
- Pour in about 1 tablespoon of oil in pan and let simmer for a minute.
- Then add chopped onions, peas, carrots and garlic.
- Cook until tender 5-7 minutes.
- Now move the veggies to the outer part of the pan to create a circle in the middle.
- Pour a little sesame oil in the middle & crack eggs (1 whole, 1 white) in the middle of the veggies.
- Let eggs cook a minute, then start mixing in veggies and add cauliflower rice and soy sauce. Keep mixing and chopping up eggs to distribute evenly. Continue mixing until the consistency of fried rice.
- Put lid on pan and let cook and steam for 5 min.
- Mix up again & turn off burner. Ready to go!
Makes 4 servings
Additional images below: