PLUS! Holiday Entertaining…Bella Diva Style.
Who doesn’t love fun munchies while watching their Favorite Team or Sport?! They just go hand in hand. Plus … Its time to entertain for the holidays!
After the Holidays pass of consuming extra calories and high doses of sugar and not to mention the stress we put on ourselves, most of us are ready to create change or just get back to our already healthy lifestyle. With that said, its a fact that after the first month, 85% of the new resolutions fail. Number one reason why??? Its too extreme. Balance is key.
So, while the sport of football continues and of course the fun of the holidays will always happen, lets try to balance out the best we can. Here are a few Fun Fingers Foods that stay closer to a healthier balance and yet they still satisfy. Just always watch the portion size. The average American will consume 2,000 extra calories in one game or on a holiday.
I do not disagree with a cheat meal or 2 a week or a few extra adult beverages;) …. but those extra calories each week add up real quick. 3500 calories equals a pound and we are not talking solid muscle my fitness folks!!
Here are some super tasty ideas to Help my Divas:
CLEAN CHILI with a KICK (Lean & Lower Sodium)
- 1 lbs of lean gr turkey or beef OR mix of both
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 chopped jalapeno (optional)
- 1 can no salt diced tomatoes
- 1 can no salt tomato sauce
- 1 can low sodium kidney beans
- Trader Joe chili pepper sauce … or chili hot sauce of your choice!
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1-2 tablespoon minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Mexican Chili powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a Large saute pan on med heat, add olive oil and onion and pepper.
- Saute until tender.
- Add meat.
- Cook and ground up until almost cooked through.
- Then Add, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beans and spices.
- Simmer for 10-15.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
Enjoy a bowl with a dollop of greek yogurt on top! Scoop with tortilla chips or on its own!
BACON WRAPPED JALAPEÑOS stuffed with Goat Cheese
- 6 jalapeños
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 1 /2 cup nonfat greek plain yogurt
- 1 /4 cup goat cheese
- 2 tablespoon of minced garlic
- garlic powder & parsley flakes
- Slice jalapeño peppers in half long side and de-seed.
- Mix together goat cheese, yogurt and garlic. Feel free to add any other spices!
- Place a spoonful of mixture in the peeper until level. Fill all peppers. If you like garlic sprinkle top with garlic powder and parsley flakes.
- Slice Bacon in half and wrap each piece around each filled pepper half.
- Grill or bake stuffed side up until the pepper is tender.
- Then broil for 3-4 min on high. Enjoy!
If spicy is not what your taste buds allow, use baby sweet peppers instead!
BISON SLIDERS with Waffle Sweet Potato Fries
A Game Day Favorite!
- 1 lbs of lean bison meat or extra lean ground beef
- 1 /2 onion diced
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- garlic powder
- 1 bag of Alexia sweet potato waffle fries
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Mix bison, onion, pepper and garlic and form into mini sliders.
- Place fries on a baking sheet. While grilling burgers, bake fries at recommended time. If not grilling, turn oven temp to 375º and bake both until cooked.
- Serve burgers on one dish and fries on another.
- Place mini burger between 2 waffle sweet potato fries.
- Use condiments of choice.