Holidays & Happiness
Happy 4th of July & Happy Summer Bella Divas
I know its Sunday eve and most of you are in vacation mode and might not read this, but I wanted to send you some yummy, healthy food ideas for the 4th!!
I LOVE the feel of holidays and celebrating! Even when It was just me and the pups at times, I still would acknowledge the special day and reason and make my own fun! Not saying that was always the best time, but when you can step back and be thankful you have the opportunity to even celebrate life..be thankful. I often hear from some of my clients, Why do this or that??? When it’s just me?? WHAT???? If you can’t be happy with YOU then I promise, nothing else in life will be happy! Sorry, a little side note to our Fit and Fabulous fourth blog. I have been doing a lot of reading and studying about confidence and growth and wanted to share;)
Ok….onto some Fun Fit Fabulous Food
Finger Foods for the Fourth
K.I.S.S (keep it super simple) The first and most important concept I teach, preach and continually tell you all….Life must be enjoyed as we create and stay on top of our healthy fit journey.
When the holidays show up…dont use it as an excuse to skip the sweat session or indulge ALL day! We tend to focus holidays around food, drink and usually extra of both. Focus on what the holiday is truly about and the people around you!
I know when I host a party or bring an appetizer to a gathering, it seems like the first options are: cheesy, fatty and just plain not healthy. Don’t get me wrong, I sometimes love the taste of those as much as the next party goer, but there are times when you are just wanting to stick to a healthy regimen. If there is a healthy option on the table it is usually just boring vegetables with dip or fruit. Blah!
I absolutely LOVE to recreate and make the high calorie appetizers and small bites into HEALTHY Fit Diva approved apps with fresh exciting flavors that will leave your taste buds convinced you had the real deal!
First, here are a few simple ideas to create for this summer’s gatherings. Then a new recipe I can’t get enough of! Cilantro-Crab Stuffed Sweet Peppers!!!!
- Cucumber slices with a dollop of light cream cheese, smoked salmon and dill
- added capers to this one
- Greek Layer Dip: Layer your favorite hummus and plain greek yogurt mixed with lemon juice and minced garlic in a small shallow dish. Chop grape tomatoes, cucumbers, kalamata olives and sprinkle on top. Then sprinkle low Fat Feta and oregano. Drizzle with greek dressing! Use Pita Chips or Rice Crackers as dippers!
- Deviled Eggs! Use low-fat greek yogurt instead of mayo! And half the egg yolks
- Caprese Salad Skewers: Skew cherry tomatoes, mini mozzarella balls and fresh basil leaves. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic glaze
- Mini meatballs made with lean beef or turkey. Cook in crock pot and simmer in a sweet and hot sauce! – low sugar orange jam and hot sauce
Hear me LOUD & CLEAR Fit Divas!!!
Even though these are fun, fabulous and fit apps…..calories so ADD up! So its your job to be mindful!!!!!!!!!!!
Crab-Cilantro Sweet Stuffed Peppers
Of course this Maryland diva fell in love with these blue crab and corn apps! Brings back memories of summers sitting around eating crab, corn on the cob and being with family!
[googleapps domain=”docs” dir=”document/d/1R8zqwWpbeMmn32a5AJL3n-8JlVyLfbOdOwHikIWljdE/pub” query=”embedded=true” width=”800″ height=”1250″ /]
Sweet peppers can be a great substitute for tortilla chips and make nachos with them!
As always, get creative! These are just a few of my favs and I enjoy sharing!!!
HAPPY FOURTH of JULY
Ciao Bella Divas