Happy March Bella Diva,
Wowza, MARCH already!!! Spring is close which will be amazing for those of you not here in SWFL. This is the time of year I love though! Minus the extra traffic and crazy drivers. haha
It is also a month I like to clean. I know I know, Spring Cleaning, but it really does feel good to clean out the pantry or even freezer or condiments in the fridge. You know you have some expired items!
My task this week, my closet. Hey, then it leaves room for new clothes!!
PS. Daylight Savings next weekend.
Oatmeal & Eggs
I think we all have had these 2 foods several times in our lifetime. Kinda boring alone. I love both but both oats and eggs need something extra. So why not combine them, add a few more ingredients and make them into clean, whole food sweet treat. SO great for breakfast on the go or a post mid-day workout snack. Lean protein, complex carb and good fat. Perfect ratio. The images in this blog, I used the peanut butter and strawberry add-on for a PB&J flavor. YUM
Ready for this easy healthy Diva-licious recipe?
Oatmeal Breakfast Bake
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 4-5 packets stevia or ¼ cup sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup (about 4 large) egg whites
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8″ X 8″ baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, sweetener, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- In a medium-large bowl, combine almond milk, applesauce, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add mixture in the medium-large bowl to the large bowl. Stir until uniform.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking pan, and smooth out the surface.
- Bake until top is light golden brown and entire dish is cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- MAKES 6-8 SERVINGS
Some Fun Varieties
- Add 1/4 cup powdered peanut butter to the dry ingredients. Add 1 1/2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter to the wet ingredients. Once batter is mixed, gently fold in 3/4 cup chopped freeze-dried strawberries. Before baking, top with 1/4 cup chopped freeze-dried strawberries, and lightly press to stick.
- Replace vanilla extract with almond extract. Once batter is mixed, fold in 1/4 cup roughly chopped unsweetened shredded coconut and 1 1/2 tbsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. Before baking, top with 1/2 oz. (about 2 tbsp.) sliced almonds, and 1 1/2 tbsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. Lightly press to stick.
After this recipe there will be NO more excuses you can’t enjoy a healthy, filling breakfast or get in a small meal during the busy day. Prepare these diva-licious bars on Sunday and Bam…ready to GO!!!!
Have a fabulous rest of your week. Questions? Ask!!! or Leave your email for future recipes and events.
Until next Time,
For more visit my website at www.BellaDivaFitness.com
Follow me on Instagram & Facebook
Laura DalSanto | BellaDiva Fitness | email@example.com