Hello Bella Diva
Who said cauliflower wasn’t the new black?? I don’t think this universal, high fiber veggie will ever go out of style. I mean why would it?? It takes the place of SO many high carb foods. Now, don’t get me wrong, we NEED carbohydrates in our diva daily diet, but I would rather save my carbs some days for a glass of vino or 2 ;))
Traditionally growing up in Maryland, cook outs and family gatherings were a Sunday Funday event to look forward to. Sometimes, it was the fun messy event of having steamed crabs and corn on the cob. YUM!! Which I miss!!
Others were just a good ol cookouts with burgers, turkey burgers, hot dogs, coleslaw and potato salad. Yum again!
Even now I love to enjoy a cookout with friends on a Sunday. However, I am a little more aware of how I want to consume my calories. It is way to easy to consume too many carbs, so I created a potato summer salad last year and replaced the potato with cauliflower. I know, your thinking how the heck can this really take its place.
I promise it tastes AMAZING!!
I just made it for my last cooking class and everyone LOVED it!!
SIDE NOTE: these glasses are to prevent you from crying while cutting onions. haha! They really do work.
- Diva in Action
If you love potato salad, give this baby a try! Perfect timing if you are having guests over for Easter, or maybe its just for you! Now you can save your carbs for the Easter Peeps! Hahaha!!!
Also, you can replace the regular mayo with vegan mayo if that suits your diet needs. It tastes just as good!
Bowl #1: steamed cauliflower
Bowl #2: rest of the ingredients
Cauliflower Summer Salad
Pan-fry cauliflower. Mix up Dijon sauce Drizzle sauce over cauliflower. That’s IT. A creamy low carb style potato salad. You will not miss the potatoes! I promise.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill relish
- 2 teaspoons finely diced onion
- 2 teaspoon fresh dill
- 2 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Cut the cauliflower into bite sized pieces, much like you would a potato for potato salad. Rinse and drain.
- Add just enough water to cover the bottom of a 12 inch skillet and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Add the cauliflower to the skillet and cover to steam. Alternately, cook in a steamer basket on the stove top.
- Let steam for 3-5 minutes, checking for doneness with a fork. When a fork slides in easily, add the cauliflower to a large bowl. Do not overcook the cauliflower or your salad will be mushy. I prefer it tender-crisp.
- Chop the hard-boiled eggs into small pieces and add to the bowl with the cauliflower.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, except for the paprika, and whisk together to form the dressing for the salad.
- Gently fold the dressing into the cauliflower and eggs, stirring to coat each piece. Sprinkle with paprika.
- *Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until cold.
- Final Product
Please enjoy this new Diva-licious recipe and as always, if you have any questions please ask or leave your email.