Hello Bella Diva
How is 2019 going so far? Other than flying by, I am deep into new projects that have been on the radar for years with my business! Bella Diva Fitness Woo Hoooo! Very Excited and nervous all at the same time! However, if it doesn’t scare you a little then it will not push you to try your hardest!!
New website! Soon all these recipes will be all in one place and THEN all together as the Simply Divalicious book is being created! Along with the recipes and meal plans, customized workouts AND the NEW Diva Deck of Cards! IF you don’t have the first set….You MUST! check out: Fit Decks on my Site
Okay, enough about me….
Lets chat about Cauliflower pizza crust. I know it was the rage a year ago, so its nice to reintroduce it and remind you that it is a great yummy dinner option.
Cauliflower VS Bread
Here is my thought: Bread is not “BAD” for you, so if you want to be mindful and enjoy A slice ( LIKE ONE), then enjoy a slice. When I make pizza at home I use french bread or flat outs. Its our family Go-To. We can all custom make our piece how we like it and its portion control. Check out former blogs for recipes.
Cauliflower crust is a great change and option if you need a low carb day or have wheat sensitivity or just want a different texture and flavor.
Keep in mind, just because it says Cauliflower do not say to yourself…KNOW I can eat all i want. NOOOOOOOOOO Portion control people and eat what your body needs.
The Real Deal
2 options with cauliflower crust
- MAKE IT
- BUY IT
When you make it, obviously you know what is going into it ..Its pretty basic. Cauliflower, egg and cheeses. More or less. GREAT!
When you buy it, MANY MANY companies use fillers. One filler that just cracks me up is corn or corn flour. CORN!!!!!! The point of cauliflower crust is to be no carb and less calories. When you add the corn the carbs are now almost as much as regular pizza crust. I LOVE LOVE my Trader Joes, but they are one example. CPK does the same.
The brand I LOVE…Cauli-flour foods. All Pure, No Filler ingredients.
Take a look at your ingredients!
How Many Calories In Cauliflower Pizza Crust?
About 56 calories, 4 grams of carbs and 4 grams of protein.
What Are Cauliflower Pizza Crust Ingredients?
- Cauliflower: You will need a large head of cauliflower, OR…The Best option is buying the Cauliflower already riced.
- Egg: Egg is part of “the glue” that holds cauliflower pizza dough together.
- Cheese: As cheese melts during baking, it helps to bind small pieces of cauliflower into a crust. Cheese is crucial! So is the egg. Sorry cannot be vegan.
- Spices: Simple dried herbs like oregano, basil or Italian mix plus salt and pepper add flavor to the crust. Cauliflower itself is pretty bland. Also you can add garlic powder….LOTSA garlic! haha
How to Make Cauliflower Pizza Crust Crispy
Bake for 20 minutes, carefully flip with spatula and bake for a few more minutes.
The key is the flip!
Tips for Best Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Squeeze More Than You Think You Can
The best advice I can give you for foolproof cauliflower pizza crust – squeeze cooled cooked cauliflower very well. You really do need to squeeze out more water than you think you’ll ever be able to. Cauliflower should be pretty dry. I squeezed and then moved the cauliflower around a bit, and squeezed again. If your arm is sore for a bit after, you did it well. haha
Make 2 Pizzas
Make 2 pizza crusts at a time if you want to feed more than two. Unless you are cooking cauliflower pizza crust recipe only for yourself. Definitely need to double the recipe. Means two large heads of cauliflower.
Use Cheesecloth or Linen Towel
- You can find cheesecloth in most grocery stores, dollar store or on Amazon for a very reasonable price.
- Linen towel works great too.
- You can throw both in the washer.
This works way better than just paper towels
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
This low carb, low-calorie pizza crust is absolutely AMAZING! Top is just like you would your regular pizza dough.
Fit Diva Fav: tomato sauce and add Italian spices, grilled chicken, pieces of turkey bacon, fresh basil, mushrooms, jalapeno, pineapple & goat cheese.
- 1 medium cauliflower – should yield 2 to 3 cups once processed or buy a bag of cauliflower rice
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder & oregano
- 1 tsp basil or rosemary fresh or dry
(I use more spices! Personal preference)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F If you are using whole head of cauliflower, cut of stems, cut into a few pieces and food process until it looks like rice. Best choice: Buy the bag of cauliflower rice! Microwave the processed cauliflower uncovered in a microwave safe bowl for approximately 4-5 minutes on high.
- Remove it from the microwave and allow it to cool for at least 4-5 minutes After the cauliflower is slightly cooled, place it in a cheesecloth and squeeze as much water as you can out! This is the MOST IMPORTANT step! If you don’t have cloth, use a fork and mush down cauliflower and use paper towels!
- Then, Combine the cooked cauliflower, egg, garlic, cheese, and seasonings. Stir until a dough texture forms.
- Spread the cauliflower mixture out onto lightly greased parchment paper on a pizza pan or baking sheet using hands. 1 Big one or 2 mini pizzas Bake the crust for approximately 10-15 minutes (depending on your oven), or until the crust is golden and crispy. I cooked mine for approximately 15 minutes.
- Then flipped it and cooked another 5 min. After the crust is golden remove it from the oven and add your toppings.
- Place the pizza back in the oven but this time turn on the broiler, bake for about 2-5 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Be sure to keep an eye on it because the broiler can burn the cheese quickly.
Enjoy with a spinach or arugula salad!
If you buy this low carb crust, read your ingredients and MOST important.. this is not a free fall to eat more. You are looking to lose fat not stay!
If you have questions? Please leave your email or message me.
Stay tuned for more pics from this weeks cooking class. FROZEN ASSETS!
For more visit my website at www.BellaDivaFitness.com
Follow me on Instagram & Facebook
Laura DalSanto | BellaDiva Fitness | email@example.com
Get Recipes Delivered to Your Inbox
Enter your info below, and I'll send you my favorite recipes and let you know when new recipes are added!