Cauliflower “Fried Rice”
Happy Tasty Tuesday & Happy Valentine’s Day ❣️
If your staying in this evening give this recipe a go! You will save on calories, cash and create a romantic dinner for you & your sweetie or the whole family, or maybe just yourself. This day is about Love in any way shape or form. The most important Love us non stop, on the go super-woman divas tend to forget about is Self-Love. Pour yourself a glass of wine, put on some music and enjoy your new food experience.
Time to Cook
It truly tastes like “fried rice”. I love how we can use good ol Cauliflower for so many meals that are normally a no-no in our daily diva diet. Enjoy it with shrimp or chopped up chicken breast sautéed in pineapple salsa and Sriracha (if you like heat) and a side of asparagus or broccoli. Super healthy, Super tasty & easy.
~You can find bags of cauliflower already chopped up like rice at Trader Joe or most grocery stores in the produce area sometimes freezer section.
- 2 cups of cauliflower rice
- 1 cup of chopped onion, peas, carrots, celery (sometimes you can find already chopped together) you can decide the ratio of each veggie depending on your tastes.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 whole egg, 1 egg white
- 2-3 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons of sesame oil
- Pepper to taste
- Use a large saute pan on medium heat.
- Pour in about 1 tablespoon of oil in pan and let simmer for a minute.
- Then add chopped onions, peas, carrots and garlic. Cook until tender 5-7 minutes.
- Now move the veggies to the outer part of the pan to create a circle in the middle.
- Pour a little sesame oil in the middle & crack eggs (1 whole, 1 white) in the middle of the veggies. Let eggs cook a minute, then start mixing in veggies and add cauliflower rice and soy sauce.
- Keep mixing and chopping up eggs to distribute evenly. Continue mixing until the consistency of fried rice.
- Put lid on pan and let cook and steam for 5 min.
- Mix up again & turn off burner.
- Ready to go!
- sautéing up the veggies first
- Added the egg and egg white, let it set for a minute then begin to mix in the veggies
- added cauliflower, soy & continued to flipping and chopping
Makes 4 servings
Any questions give me a shout! Hope you enjoy this side dish as much as I do!
Ciao Bella Divas