Cilantro Garlic Shrimp , Cucumber-avocado Salad & stuffed Jalapeños
Hello Bella Divas & Happy Tasty Tuesday ????
I have a few fun dishes here that I made together this past Saturday as an easy, full of flavor yet weekend style eating! Felt like we were indulging on a high calorie weekend dinner but it was the complete opposite. You can turn your favorite foods into healthy versions you just need to find the right spice combos. We want tasty, easy & filling foods in order to keep this healthy & fit lifestyle forever.
Hope you enjoy the following. You can make all 3 as a meal or even take one and create your own! Great for entertaining too ????
Cilantro Garlic Shrimp
There is a restaurant here in Ft Myers that is famous for this dish except loaded with butter. Yes delicious BUT let’s make a lighter version diva-licious style
great as an appetizer for a dinner party too
~Also, you may need to double recipe. This was prepared as 2-3 servings
- 1/2 lbs raw fresh shrimp (peeled)
- 1 tsp butter + sprayed avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Heat sauté pan on low.
- Add tsp of butter and then spray your pan lightly with avocado oil. I used my Misto (what is this!? The best kitchen tool Ever!) it helps control how much oil you use and add minced garlic.
- Sauté for 5 min. *here’s the SECRET * now squeeze your 1/2 lime and add Sriracha.
- Mix well and take off the burner for a minute.
- Now add your Shrimp & Cilantro.
- Cook until Shrimp turn pink. About 5 minutes.
- High protein, low fat version! Also lower sodium.
That’s it!!!! Ready to Go.
Cucumber ????-Avocado Salad
I use this go to dish at least once a week. Super Fresh & Super Easy. You can add or change your spice to make it different each time. Here’s the base:
- 1 avocado
- 1 small English cucumber
- 1 large tomatoe of choice ( I use different ones each time)
- 1/4 red onion (if you want)
- Fresh cilantro (because I used it in Shrimp) I normally use basil.
- Very little garlic powder, sea salt, pepper
- Balsamic glaze
- Chop & mix all.
- Drizzle very little balsamic glaze.
- Lightly mix again.
That easy! Even better the next day after it sets.
Stuffed Jalapeños with Turkey Bacon
- Slice Jalapeños in half & de-seed
- Filling: Instead of high fatty cream cheese and cheddar, Use: non fat Greek yogurt and mix with crumbled goat cheese. Ratio: 1/4 cup Greek + 1/8 cup goat cheese.
- Mix well and add some garlic powder.
- Spread mix on your Jalapeños half.
- Turkey Bacon (trader Joes is the bomb) you use 1/2 slice per Jalapeños half. So slice Bacon long in length. Wrap pepper.
- Place on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake at 400′ 10-12 min.
- Then broil for a few minutes at the end!
Again easy, tasty and meets the Fit Divas approval ???? Stay tuned for next weeks Tasty Tuesday and live video on Facebook
Ciao Bella Divas.