Happy Tasty Taco Tuesday Fit Diva. One of my all time favorite indulging foods is a yummy, gooey, warm plate of nachos!!!!! With a margarita or 2! YUM! However, this fit diva cannot have that on a weekly nor would I want to. Talk about calories!!!!! But, if we can re-create that dish with the same flavors and just substitute a few things..why not?!
Now you can have both only skinnier with all the taste!!! Instead of using chips..Yes, I know we love the crunch factor, I used mini sweet peppers. OMG So tasty!!! I promise. I’m not saying.. not to enjoy the real deal! By all means indulge once in a while, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE to be able to eat the foods I enjoy on a regular basis. Only make them fit the Fit Diva lifestyle!!! Remember… lifestyle not Diet.
Besides, I would rather save those carbs for my margarita! Skinny version of course! haha
Eating is ALL about the number game. That simple!!!
- Diva-licious Skinny Marg: Cucumber-jalapeno 120 calories!
Please enjoy this tasty fit diva recipe! Serve as an appetizer or have as a meal! As always, watch your portion. Just because its healthy, doesn’t mean you can eat endless. If you make and like…take a pic and send it!
Sweet Skinny Nachos
Healthy mini pepper nachos stuffed full of black beans, pico de gallo and avocado and smothered in melted cheese that are perfect for snacking or for a light meal. Ground meat is optional! Love the flavors of mexican without the guilt!
- 8 oz bag of sweet peppers
- ½ cup black beans
- ½ cup pico de gallo
- ½ avocado cubed
- *4-5 oz Gr turkey or beef (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup cheese of choice (Shredded cheddar or goat)
- Plain low-fat greek yogurt
- fresh chopped cilantro (option)
- Preheat oven 350’
- If you are using ground turkey or beef, cook up the whole package and save the extra for later or you can double your batch of nachos.
- Saute ground meat with garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Once cooked set aside.
- Slice tops off of sweet peppers, cut horizontal and de-seed.
- Place peppers slice up on a baking sheet lined with foil and spray with olive oil. If your peppers are too small, open them up a little so they can be filled.
- Spray the peppers with olive oil and place in oven to roast for 10-12 minutes. Remove peppers from oven and start layering.
- Place a few beans in each pepper along with a piece of avocado. Then sprinkle the rest of the beans, avocado, pico, ground meat, green onions and cheese last.
- Place peppers bake in oven for 5-8 minutes.
- Last, switch to broil and broil on hi for 4-5 minutes.
- Take out and cool for 5 minutes.
- If desired, place a few dollops of greek yogurt as sour cream and sprinkle chopped cilantro.
- Makes for 4 small servings as an appetizer or 2 for a meal!
More mexican recipes to come! If you would like to see a demo of this recipe along with 3 others, join my next Diva-licious cooking class.
Info is on website or email me!