Hello Bella Diva
Ready for another Fall Favorite Diva-licious meal? Low carb, full of fiber and even my husband didn’t have to add anything! lol I usually use him as my taste tester, and he is VERY honest! Ha I get the…are we having a diva-licious meal tonight?! Like I said, this one was a winner from the start. Wu-hoo
So who has had acorn squash? We tend to use spaghetti or butternut squash, but acorn isn’t talked about much. It has a nutty flavor and it typically best during winter months. It is very high in fiber and beta-caritine. A typical, yet still super yummy way to prepare this fiber filled veggie is to: Slice in half, scoop out the seeds and either drizzle olive oil or place a pad of butter in the center and sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder. Then bake at 400′ for 20 minutes or until soft.
Last week I played around with a very high in fat and calorie version of Stuffed Acorn
Squash. My new Diva-licious recipe turned out so good. Super filing, intense flavor and easy to make. You will see in the recipe below, it says to caramelize the onions…definitely take time to do that! How? Slice your onion and saute on very low heat with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Be sure to cover your pan and keep flipping. Takes about 10-12 minutes.
Savory Stuffed Acorn Squash
A savory, nutty, fiber filled low carb dinner! *use no hormone, no nitrate sausage links. I love ones from publix and whole foods. Also, if meat is not in your diva diet sub tofu or use chick peas.
- 2 medium Acorn squash
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 chicken sausage links (italian flavor)
- 1 small fuji apple
- 1 bag of fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary & thyme
- Garlic powder, sea salt & pepper (to taste)
- Shredded parmesan cheese
DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven 400’
- Slice acorn squash in half lengthwise (I place them in microwave for 2-3 minutes to soften them up first)
- Scoop out seeds and any strings. Place them face up on a lined baking sheet. Spray with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, sea salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until soft.
- While squash is cooking, slice onion and slowly caramelize on low with 1 tsp of olive oil. Keep stirring and mixing for 10-15 minutes or until onion is soft and brown.
- In another pan sprayed with olive oil, saute sliced chicken sausage, chopped apple, 1-2 tsp of fresh rosemary and thyme, garlic powder, s&p. Cook until sausage is lightly brown and apple pieces are slightly soft. Add 1 tsp olive oil and add spinach. Stir in until wilted and turn off heat. (this will happen fast) Then add onions and mix.
- Stuff each acorn half, sprinkle parmesan cheese and broil on high until cheese lightly brown.
Hope you enjoy this easy new divalicious recipe. We all know this time of year gets so busy and will fly by. Now is the time to really focus, pick and choose where it’s really worth the splurge, make time to workout and stay hydrated. DO NOT go into the mindset of…oh well, I will just start fresh in January. NOW is the time to work on YOU!!!!
Stay tuned for the next divalicous recipe…
Questions? or need more ideas? ASK!
Get Recipes Delivered to Your Inbox
Enter your info below, and I'll send you my favorite recipes and let you know when new recipes are added!
That sounds and looks amazing . Looking forward to trying it!
Thanks mom!!!!! Love u
ooooo I am SO making this!
Oh yayyyyy. Omg Megi it was so yummy!!!!