Tasty Taco Tuesday Part 2
Happy Tasty Tuesday Fit Diva
Last week, I sent out a new lighter way to make nachos with sweet peppers. YUM! This week, lets remake the high carb side dish Mexican Rice. Nothing wrong with rice at all. However by the time you add all the carbs up from: Chips…which we should try to have more will power over and only have 8-10…I KNOW I KNOW, seems impossible. However, if you set your mind-set knowing you can still have some chips and stay on fit diva track….practice makes perfect. Ok back to adding up carbs. Chips, Margaritas, tortilla…now rice. Holy Crazy Carb Overload. Carbs and calories add up Fast.
- Skinny nachos made by the Lead Diva!
Food is a number game
Healthy Mexican idea menu for dinner at home
Appetizer or starter if you have guests: last weeks nacho recipe
Main: chicken or lean ground beef tacos
Use small tortilla shells around 20g carb each. Have one tortilla and one taco in a roman lettuce wrap
Shredded lettuce, Pico de Gallo, jalapeno, onion, chopped avocado and light cheese
Light Greek Yogurt for Sour Cream
Hot sauce or salsa of choice.
- YUM: MEXI- CAULI rice, regular taco, lettuce wrap taco
At this point, you have kept everything in balance as long as you keep portion in control
Now….create this Super Diva-licious side dish made from Cauliflower Rice. You can even just use it on another night with a different menu. Example:
- Cod baked with lime and cilantro
- Spinach salad
- Mexi Cauli Rice
As always Fit Divas, watch your portion and enjoy what you eat so you NEVER diet again!!!
All the flavors from traditional Mexican Rice without all the carbs! This lightened version will definitely satisfy your taste buds & Fit diva figure!
- 1 bag cauliflower rice (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Tablespoon Extra-Light Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste (make sure there’s no added sugar)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- ½ Cup Chicken Broth, or vegetable broth
- Fresh Cilantro Leaves, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat and add in the onion and garlic; sauté for 2 minutes or until softened and fragrant.
- Stir in the tomato paste and season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Add in the cauliflower and the chicken broth and mix well. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower rice from the heat and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve alongside any of your favorite Mexican dishes!
SO EASY to make!!!!
For more visit my website at www.BellaDivaFitness.com
Follow me on Instagram & Facebook
Laura DalSanto | BellaDiva Fitness | email@example.com
Get Recipes Delivered to Your Inbox
Enter your info below, and I'll send you my favorite recipes and let you know when new recipes are added!