Hello Bella Diva
Happy October! OCTOBER!!!!! right?? You know what happens now? Time is really going to fly. It will be January 1 before we know it! Speaking of time flying and being in constant go busy mode, check out this super easy to make, easy to clean up Diva-licious recipe.
One Sheet Wonder
This Fall savory dish will definitely fulfill some comfort food cravings. Have you ever made a one sheet wonder meal? When the whole dinner is cooked at once on one baking sheet AND it makes the clean up so easy. Yes please!! Check out this recipe and have yourself a Fall Favorite without all the extra calories. It was a huge hit at last weeks Diva-licious Cooking Class.
Autumn Chicken Sheet: Dinner on one sheet? Yes Please! Quick and easy clean up. You can also go meatless and top with extra firm tofu. Also, you can replace the sweet potato with cubed butternut squash or purple potato.
- 4-5 chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons of Olive oil
- 2-3 tsp chopped Fresh herbs – rosemary, thyme, sage
- 2-3 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- Minced Garlic 2-3 cloves
- Brussels sprouts
- 2 Sweet potato
- 1 small Fuji apples (or other sweet baking apples)
- 2 pieces of lean bacon
- Salt and pepper and garlic powder
DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour in 1 Tbsp olive oil, red wine vinegar, herbs and minced garlic into a gallon size resealable bag. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Close bag and mix around well so the herbs cover all the thighs.
- Let rest while you prep remaining ingredients.
- Chop sweet potatoes, apple, brussels sprouts and place them in a bowl. Drizzle or spray about 1 tablespoon of olive and sprinkle with sea salt, pepper & garlic powder. ( I like extra spices,so I also chopped up extra rosemary and thyme. Mix veggies until all coated.
- Spread veggies onto a foil lined baking sheet.
- Top with chicken pieces and sprinkle chopped bacon over veggie/apple mixture.
- Roast in preheated oven until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender, about 20-25 minutes, broil during last few minutes for more browned crispy bacon pieces. Serve warm.
Fall Favorite Foods
Enjoy this yummy Diva-licious meal and stay tuned for next weeks stuffed acorn squash.
If you try this recipe, let me know!!!! I always love feedback. It gives me new ideas for the next blog. Until then…Buon Appetito & Happy Sweating